Thursday, March 6, 2008

I don't remember if I posted this or not, but my partner and I went to the WP library's archives and got some really great articles there. I think I forgot to post last week too. We found one from the Orlando Sentinel about the mall fire which was front page news for Monday's paper in 1969. After reading all the articles, I think I've got a pretty good idea of what went during the mall fire. I guess I should though because our paper is due tomorrow. Anyways, we found little information about how the WPFD was directly affected. There's a few things about how the WPFD Chief Bair suggested some regulations, such as fire sprinklers, for rebuilding the mall. It was a collaborative effort among the fire departments, but, fortunately, there's a lot more Winter Park newspaper articles that focus on the WPFD rather than the other departments.

No comments:

Post a Comment