Sunday, February 1, 2009

Library Research

During our time in the library, I learned (once again) how to do research for a paper. We went over some of the resources the library has to offer, including the different databases available for research. The databases seem to be the easiest way to do research, but I always find it necessary to remind myself that the library offers many books on a wide range of subjects, and that sometimes a book can give you a more complete view on a topic. having said that, I think I will stick with the databases (probably JSTOR) mostly for convenience. I also thought it was good that the person showing us how to use the libraries resources was very knowledgeable in how to do research. 
All in all a good experience, except now I can't use this excuse, "but professor, I didn't know where to find information." Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment