Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Calusa Indians

I am doing my research paper on the Calusa Indians. They were a great tribe of South Florida. They were powerful sailors that lived along the coast. However in the 1700s they began to die out. The few remaining traveled to Cuba in the lat 1700s. One of my primary sources is The Calusa and Their Legacy. This is a book that describes the Calusa Indians as they lived in Florida. I picked it because it gives vivid pictures and details are artifacts that remain of the Calusa. It describes who they were and how they lived. This can be helpful for my paper because it will allow me to have a background on the tribe and understand their daily lives. It will also give some insight into how and why they died out. This book also includes visuals that will be helpful for my images I need to present my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment