Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wild Florida the Way It Was

My most interesting primary source would be the book Wild Florida the Way It Was, about the cow hunters and cow huntresses of Florida. It's filled with narratives by cow hunters and cow huntresses themselves, those who were and still are involved in the cattle life in Florida. It's interesting, because it opens up a new world in Florida that I, personally, didn't really know anything about. During my research, it was one thing to read just information and facts about these Florida cowboys in a book, but another to read it from a first person perspective, by those who actually lived the life. Finding primary sources during my research was difficult, so I'm glad to have found this informative and interesting one. It shows how the business of a cow hunter was more than just a job, it was a way of life., a tradition that was passed down through generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment