Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Space My New Perspective

My space in the world in which I’ve grown up around and in is a world much different then much of our worlds population. For one I was fortunate enough to attend the best schools the area I lived in had to offer and as I became older I was lucky enough to drive nice cars and vacation in far off places. Though I’ve come to realize that much of my perception was flawed by these material possessions. In addition to my hazy outlook I never really understood the blood, sweat, and tears that went into acquiring those objects. Consequently my attitude and perception followed that line of thinking.

My thinking began to change though as I became older and understood more of my surroundings and saw some of the blood, sweat, and tears in first person. So instead of looking at the world as my universe, I began to realize that I was just one small player in an ever-bigger world and that my problems weren’t the leading issue on everyone’s plate. Particularly the many people in other parts of the world where they’re not looking for that next great grade in a class their looking for that next bowl of food.

In short I’ve come to appreciate my space more than ever before, as I was a product of my space. Simultaneously though I found entering those new spaces and reaching out to those people is the best way to make your space their space and vis versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment