Monday, January 28, 2008

Firefighter Project

I have to say that at first I was wondering how the firefighter web project was going to fit into this class, but I think it is going to be a really good way to experience, not just learn about, Winter Park history. I grew up here, but I have never given any thought to the history of our fire department. From reading the first article, it really made me aware of firefighting's extensive history in this country and the devotion we take for granted from these men and women - it's easy to think of sacrifices made by firemen and women in catastrophies, but they are also serving everyday, even when "mionr" efforts are deemed unworthy of media coverage. I think this will be a good way to see a less publicized side of firefighting and get to know some local heroes here in Winter Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment