Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jan 25th-First Blog

I am excited to begin the digital history project because of the phase one: biography and photograph portion. My father is an architect and one for one of his projects he needed to gain knowledge on ways to design a building that met fire preventive and protective guidelines. He spent months interviewing current and retired firefighters of different environmental settings. My father informed me that retired firefighters enjoy telling stories of their experiences. I am most excited to listen to stories about the Winter Park firefighting past as well as their administration and the differences from back then to current day.

5 comments:

  1. I am also very excited to begin the process of the digital history project. Hearing the stories and meeting firefighters will definitely be an interesting experience. The whole project aspect may not be as great, but at least the process can be entertaining for the mean time. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy the process without getting too stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be fun to learn more about the history of Winter Park and how everything began. I thought the first article about the firefighters was very interesting and I am excited to be able to talk to firemen and listen to their experiences first hand. I think the digital history project will be interesting and I am looking forward to doing the biography of the retired firefighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have grown up here in Winter Park, yet I can honestly say I have never put much thought into the city's history, much less firefighting history. I think alot of professions, like firefighting, go unnoticed outside of major catastrophies, so this project will definitely be insightful. I am most excited about hearing from retired firemen because I know there is so much that older generations have to share...it's great that we can be a part of "documenting" it, if you will, through the web project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much to my mother's opposition, the only careers that I personally have an interest in pursuing after college are ones in a law enforcement, firefighting, and the military. In any case, I am really looking forward to interviewing a firefighter and learn more about the career. I am also looking forward to learning a little more about the community's history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete