Monday, February 18, 2008

3rd blog

I forgot to blog last week so I'll just make two posts this week.
Nicole and I are working on the winter park mall fire. So far we don't know much about it other than it being the first fire in an enclosed shopping mall. We're planning on going to look in the archives this afternoon. They don't have much documented online before the 70's; it's pretty inconvenient...Hopefully we can find more information at the archive -- there shouldn't be a shortage of news articles on this fire, since everyone says "it's a big one" (although finding nothing online weeks before discouraged me a little bit). Today at the fire department I heard that the fire department themselves took pictures at the scene of fire, so I'm really hoping to find a lot of photos from there.
Anyways, there's a lot to look forward to. I have never done research on really paper before -- that's saying I have always been using the internet to do everything...but after hearing out the fire chief and the author of "Orlando firefighters", I'm feeling a little more confident now. Let's see how it goes at the archive todayXD

No comments:

Post a Comment