Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Langford Hotel

After searching through many archive folders and scanning over several possible research topics, I finally came across a folder labeled “Hotels.” Inside the folder, I discovered countless articles about several prominent hotels that used to exist in Winter Park. Finally, after digging through the cutouts, pictures, and old newspaper articles, I chose to research the Langford Hotel for my project. So far, I have discovered quite a bit about the Langford Hotel.

The great thing about researching the Langford Hotel is that I also have access to information about the Langford family, as well. I’ve already learned many little facts about the hotel, including that the Langford Hotel was one of the first hotels to have air conditioning. The Langford Hotel was sold in the early 2000s, following Mr. Langford’s death at the age of eighty-eight in March of 2001. While the hotel itself still exists, it is not the same as it used to be since it is now owned by a different company. I might go and visit the site of the hotel for my research project, but I’m not sure if it will help my research since the hotel has changed so much since its sale in the early 2000s. Most of my research project, therefore, will be probably be focused around reading articles and examining photos in the Olin Library Archives, as well as going to the Winter Park Library. I’m excited about further learning more about the famous Langford Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment