Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tourism

For my project this semester I am going to look at tourism in Winter Park, dating pre Disney era. Though I have yet to find the majority of my information, I am planning to use the archives and looking at brochures, and magazine ads displaying local hotels and the city’s attractions. I am interested to see how the train brought more people to the area. I am curious to know who was coming to Winter Park, whether they were families on vacations, newlyweds, or retired couples staying for the winter months. Overall I want to find out how it developed and affected their economy. After finding the more basic information regarding Winter Park’s tourism I intend to research how the depression affected the local attractions and the economy. Finally, I will look into how they rebuilt themselves post depression. Though I have a great deal of work to do, I am excited to see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment