Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Topic: The first president of Rollins College

Well, being from Chicago, I know a lot of history about my hometown. Since I am going to be spending the next four years in Florida here at Rollins, I want to learn about the history of my new home. With there being so much to learn, I want to learn about Rollins College. In particular, I want to learn about the first president of Rollins College: Reverand Edward Hooker.

See, the thing is, I don't know anything about Rev. Hooker. But I know that with a little bit of research in archives, and some quality time in the library, I will broaden my knowledge of the college's first president. I plan to study his first couple of years as president of the college, and if it is possible, I will try to put some time into his education years, and his last years living. But mostly, I will be completely concerned with his beginning years as president of Rollins.

I think that it is important to know about the history of Rollins because I believe that it is imperative to understand where one is going, one has to understand where they've been. With that, I believe if I can figure out a little bit of the people that have been here before I have, I can figure out where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment