Sunday, October 12, 2008

Letters to Rollins

This week, in my further research on Bucklin Moon, I discovered a large collection of letters between Bucklin Moon and the president of Rollins College, at the time. It seems that Moon was attempting to institute a class that discussed how fiction helped influence the world. Moon himself was a perfect example of how fiction helped change the world, since he wrote about the opression of African Americans in the US. He was turned down, however, because the board beleived that his curriculum was too close to other classes that the school already had, and didn't want to pay another professor to teach the same things. As a little back note, Moon went to Rollins College for college, and lived in Winter PArk for most of his life. I'm not sure how I will put this into my paper, but I hope to find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment