Sunday, October 5, 2008

more updates on my project

So, I have continued to look for sources for my project. I had been having a problem finding secondary sources to support the things i wanted to say in my paper, but this week I found several reviews of his work that helped give insight into his life. The majority of the articles said that his work was nothing spectacular or amazing, but because he was the first white to write about African-American struggle, he gained notoriety. Primary sources, however, have been easy to come by. The archives have been very helpful with this. They have letters that were donated by his third wife between him and many other people, including publishers and even the president of Rollins during that time period. Also, I have found an unfinished auto-biography that he wrote that details most of his life, including his romance after his first divorce. There are a couple of chapters missing from the middle, but I believe that I will be able to fill in the blanks as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment