Sunday, October 19, 2008

Studying

Right now I'm sitting in the library studying for the exam. I've been in the library since about 6:00 studying. I had trouble on the first test because I spent too much time on the key terms and didn't leave enough time for the essay. That is one problem that I think i've solved because i'll simply do the essay first tomorrow. 5 chapters is a lot of material, and Im trying to concentrate on the big picture and large topics first, then analyzing and gathering small details after. Needless to say, I'm pretty nervous about the exam. I plan on staying in the library all night studying if I can stay awake. I don't know if this is a great idea because i don't want to be exhausted for the test, however I want to make sure I know the chapters really well. On the first exam, Professor Chambliss commented that i did not give a good enough explanation of the events covered. Also, that I did not address all of the issues needed with supporting facts. Part of this, I feel was due to poor time management on my part, and also that my method of studying was not as good as it could have been. I wouldn't consider my studying method cramming, because i've read the chapters before, and i have studied for the exam on previous days. Yet, I feel that all night in the library would be considered cramming. Im not really sure, however, I think that I'm better off, and more confident with a strong understanding of the material. Regardless, My time in the library is only getting started and needless to say I'm really nervous because this exam is worth 15% of our grade, and having not done as well as i would have liked on the first exam, its so important that i do well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment