Monday, November 16, 2009

Florida's Past

This research project has changed my perspective of Florida by making me think more about the natural environment and our past. The Calusa Indians really utillized the envirnment. They lived off of the land. Doing my research makes me think of what the land used to be like. We have only known Florida as settled land. I try to imagine Florida without any development. Also It makes me think of Florida's past. It makes me realize Florida has a strong Spanish past. We have a lot of history from Spain since they were the first settlers from Europe. We have a great amount of Native pride. It helps me understand why so many Florida teams are named after Native Americans. All in all after working on my research paper it has made me think of Florida in a new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment