Thursday, September 29, 2011

George Morgan Ward

For my research paper I will be focusing on George Morgan Ward. I have chosen to focus on his impact on the town of Winter Park and Rollins College because of the loyalty he has shown to the community. Ward selected to put his skills to work at Rollins, even after he was offered numerous other jobs, which were higher paying. I will also be addressing the impact of the Big Freeze of 1885 and how Ward attempted to combat it's negative effects on Florida and Rollins and Winter Park more specifically. I have also selected to do further research on Ward because I after walking through Winter Park and Rollins it is clear that he played a key role in the development of the town and college because numerous buildings have been named after him. Also myself living in Ward Hall just gives me another incentive to learn more about George Morgan Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment