Thursday, October 13, 2011

Primary Source for Research

For my research paper, I had chosen to research upon the art and architecture of Winter Park, however, due to limiting sources and a shift in interest, I have chosen to concern myself more with the leisure time of individuals, including art and musical appearances, rather than strictly that of art.

In light of a primary source, I have located this image http://archives.rollins.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/students&CISOPTR=1248 that shows both art and leisure of Rollins students in the 1890s. Pictured are some students who painted themselves, and then passed themselves off as "realistic Christmas toys." This simple image can greatly reflect student life and activities, as well as general style, interest, and art of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment