Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Project

After visiting the Winter Park historical museum, I was told that it would be more interesting to generalize my topic to the pre-history of Central Florida. After doing research from the web I realized that this topic may be too broad. If it is possible I think the pre-history of Orange County Florida would be narrower of a topic.
Throughout my research this week, I learned the various ways historians would find out resources from the past. Archaeologist would dig up material from the past and find out the specific time period of these artifacts.
One of the essential feature that brought people to the central Florida area was the track for the South Florida railroad. This started the land boom in Winter Park Florida, but where did the Indians migrate? This week I am going to research how the Indians were affected by the railroad or did they leave before it was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment